Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Nooks Available at Mesa Library
Thirty-four Nooks are now available to checkout at any branch of the Mesa Public Library. E-books are downloadable through the Greater Phoenix Digital Library.
General checkout rules for the Nooks are:
• E-readers are location specific – they must be checked out and returned to the owning library.
• The checkout period is 3 weeks with no renewals.
• Overdue fines are $1.00 per day with a maximum of $10.00.
• Patrons must be 18 years of age or older to check out an e-reader with a valid Mesa Library card.
• A user agreement must be signed each time a patron checks out an e-
• E-readers can be placed on reserve but will not change locations. Patrons will have to pick up at owning branch.
• The cost of replacing the e-reader is $400.00. Each lost or damaged part of the kit will have a smaller replacement charge.
• All Nooks must be returned to the service desk. Upon return, desk staff will check the ensemble for pieces, but not check it in. They will put it on a special shelf for a Library Assistant to check the items for condition erase the unloaded devices and then check the item in. They will ready the item for the next patron.
For more information about the Library or to view a training video on how to use the Nook visit: http://mesalibrary.org.